All My Love DSP Chevron Fold Card
All My Love Mother’s Day Card
Hello Paper Crafters!! Today I have a card that I designed for a team meeting. Our papers are so beautiful and I am always looking for ways to feature both sides. I searched Pinterest for project inspiration and found this chevron fold that’s perfect for this kind of project. My All My Love Mother’s Day Card is a great way to feature both sides of our amazing DSP. This DSP is part of the All My Love Suite featured in the 2019 Occasions Catalog (pg. 4-6). At first glance you may believe this DSP is only for Valentine’s Day but it’s not. I think the floral patterns can be used for any type of card and there are a few patterns that could be used for masculine cards as well.
I am also including photos of the two other cards we made that were designed by my teammates, Jane and Jeannie.
This elegant card was designed by Jane. She used the Flowing Fountain Stamp Set and the Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder and Wink of Stella. If you look closely at the white layer beneath the blue layer you can see the Subtle Embossing Folder texture. We applied the Wink of Stella to the water and the water drips. It makes the water sparkle.
Jeannie designed this really cute card with the So Hoppy Together stamp set that you can earn for FREE with a qualifying order of $50 before shipping and tax. The DSP fun fold gives a fun dimension to the card. We used watercolor pencils to color the images and we added Wink of Stella to the images for a fun, shimmery frog.
Tea Together Stamp Set
The sentiment for my card came from the Tea Together stamp set in the 2019 Occasions Catalog (pg. 49). This is a fun stamp set to play with. I have made two cards featuring this stamp set as well as the Tea Time Framelits that can be earned for FREE with a qualifying purchase of $100 before shipping and tax during Sale-a-bration. Click here and here to see two samples I made featuring this “bundle”.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo & Crumb Cake CS, All My Love DSP
Images: Tea Together Stamp Set & Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Pad
Embellishments: Pearls & Brained Linen Trim
Extras: SNAIL, Glue Dots, Tailored Tag Punch, Bone Folder, Stampin’ Trimmer
The Project: All My Love Mother’s Day Card
Cut your pieces
- Crumb Cake CS: Cut 8 ½” x 11” in half at 5 ½” and score at 4 ¼”.
- Whisper White CS: Cut 5 3/8” x 4 1/8”.
- All My Love DSP: Cut 5 pieces 1” x 2 ½”.
- Braided Linen Trim: Cut a 5 ½” piece.
Stamp your images
- Sentiment: Stamp “Happy Mother’s Day” on a scrap of Flirty Flamingo CS in Lovely Lipstick.
- Punch the sentiment out with the Tailored Tag Punch.
Folding the DSP
- Place the DSP so that the Lovely Lipstick with white dots pattern is facing you. This pattern will appear in the center of each folded piece.
- Fold 3 pieces with the right corner folded to the left side. Turn the paper and fold the same way.
- Fold 2 pieces with the left corner folded to the right side. Turn the paper and fold the same way.
Putting it all together
- Arrange the folded pieces onto the Whisper White CS piece. Tip: Lay them out first. That way you can adjust if needed. Then glue with SNAIL.
- Take #1 (right to left folded piece) and line up the left edge with the left side of the Whisper White CS and the tip of the right side with the top side of the CS.
- Then take #4 (left to right folded piece) and line up the tip with the top side of the CS and the right side of piece #1.
- Take #2 (right to left folded piece) and line up the tip with the top side of the CS and the right side of piece #4.
- #5 (left to right folded piece): Line up the tip with the top side of the CS and the right side of piece #2.
- Take #3 (right to left folded piece) and line up the tip with the top side of the CS and the right side of the CS and the right side of piece #5.
- Add 2 pearls to the sentiment. Tie a bow with the Braided Linen Trim and glue with a Glue Dot under the sentiment.
Check it out!
Visit my Pinterest board Fun Folds for more ideas!
I just love this chevron fun fold. I hope you like the All My Love Mother’s Day Card.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project!
Occasions Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
Want a bonus? FREE products during Sale-a-Bration!
Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products in my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
When placing an order in March use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!