April 2019 Swaps
Hello Paper Crafters!! I’m so excited!! April 2019 OnStage is just 4 days away!! I finished my April 2019 Swaps yesterday and I wanted to share them with you. One of the requirements for swaps is that they are made with current products only. Three of the items I used were released in the 2019 Occasions catalog and one item from the Sale-a-bration catalog. The reason I choose these items is because I know they will carry over into the 2019-2020 Annual catalog and I like my swaps to be current for the new Stampin’ Up! year.
One of the perks of being a demonstrator, when I attend the convention on April 13, is that I will get a copy of the 2019-2020 Annual catalog. I will also get to see demonstrations using the new products and lots and lots of samples!! A stampers dream!!
Do you want to know where the convention is this April? San Antonio, TX!! When I first moved to Texas from Michigan, we lived in San Antonio. One of my favorite attractions is the River Walk. The San Antonio River Walk is a city park and network of walkways along the banks of the San Antonio River, one story beneath the streets of San Antonio. Lined by bars, shops, restaurants, nature, public artwork, and the five historic missions, the River Walk is an important part of the city’s urban fabric and a tourist attraction in its own right. (Wikipedia)
This is the perfect time of year to go too! Looks like it will be in the low 70’s.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Lemon Lime Twist & Whisper White card stock
Images: Butterfly Gala stamp set, Grapefruit Grove, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green & Early Espresso Stampin’ Pads
Embellishments: Crumb Cake 3/8” Classic Weave Ribbon, Pearls
Extras: Country Floral & Subtles Dynamic TIEF, Butterfly Duet Punch, Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, SNAIL, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Glue, Block D
The Project: April 2019 Swaps
Cut your pieces.
- Calypso Coral CS: Cut 8 ½” x 11” in half at 5 ½” and score at 4 ¼”.
- So Saffron CS: Cut a piece 5 ¼’ X 4”. Tip: Always cut your card stock to size before embossing. Why? Because the paper will tear if you try to cut it after embossing. The blade gets caught in the indented areas.
- Lemon Lime Twist CS: Cut a piece 3” x 1 3/4”.
- Whisper White CS: Used Rectangle Stitched Framelits #1 to cut WW CS 2 3/8” x 1”.
- Crumb Cake Ribbon: Cut a piece 5” long.
Stamp your images.
- Butterflies: Stamp one each in Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody & Grapefruit Grove ink. Use Butterfly Duet punch to punch out images.
- Sentiment: Stamp “a little note” in Early Espresso ink onto die-cut WW CS.
- So Saffron CS: Emboss with Country Floral TIEF.
- Lemon Lie Twist CS: Emboss with Subtle TIEF.
Putting it all together.
- Lemon Lime Twist CS: Glue to So Saffron CS with Multipurpose Glue.
- Crumb Cake Ribbon: Use SNAIL to glue ribbon through center of Lemon Lime Twist CS and glue onto back of So Saffron CS.
- So Saffron CS: Glue to Calypso Coral card base with Multipurpose Glue.
- Sentiment: Use 2 dimensionals to glue to center of Lemon Lime Twist CS.
- Butterflies: Use dimensionals to glue onto card front.
Check it out!
Visit my Pinterest board Butterfly Gala for more ideas!
I just love how my swaps turned out.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project!
Occasions Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping.
Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list for April 2019 Swaps
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products in my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
When placing an order in April use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!