April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects: My Wonderful Family
Hello Paper Crafters!! Today I am going to share some April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects that I created for a Facebook Live class. There are 4 cards, one belly band for a box and a family tree framed art piece. This was my first Facebook Live class and I think it went really well until I had technical difficulties. My phone died even though I had it plugged in. So after a moment of panic (because I tried to start a new Facebook Live but it wouldn’t work) I switched to Facebook Messenger video chat. It took a little while to get all of us on (there were 4 of us), but when we all connected it was really a lot of fun to be able to see and hear each other. It felt more like an in person event.
This is a crazy time in the world and I am proud of myself for trying something new and being able to pivot when things went south.
“Out of adversity comes opportunity” – Benjamin Franklin
I am embracing the opportunities afforded by technology to continue to offer rubber stamping and card making classes to my customers. As I have heard many times – It’s cheaper than therapy!! It’s a way to connect socially, be creative and make a difference.
To love what we do and share what we love,
as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…
in this we make a difference. -Statement of the Heart
The Color Palette
for April 2020 Paper Pumpkin
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
for April 2020 Paper Pumpkin
Paper Pumpkin Kit: My Wonderful Family
Paper: Whisper White Thick, Whisper White, Gorgeous Grape, Petal Pink, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, So Saffron Card Stock, Magnolia Lane DSP
Images: My Wonderful Family Stamp Set, Gorgeous Grape, Melon Mambo & Pear Pizzazz Stampin Pads, Memento Black Pad
Embellishments: Mini Striped Ribbon in Gorgeous Grape
Extras: Baker’s Box, Stamping Sponge, Triple Banner Punch
The Projects for April 2020 Paper Pumpkin
- Matchbook Card Base
- Large Tag with sentiment & small leaf stamped in Pear Pizzazz ink
- Stamp butterflies in Melon Mambo ink
- Glue tree trunk in place (leaving the bottom loose), attach birds with Dimensionals and add 5 Crushed Curry pearls
- Glue tag to Crushed Curry banner then attach to the upper part of card front with Dimensionals
- Z-fold Card Base
- Cut 1” off of the length of the card base (opposite from printed end)
- Trim scripted panel to 4 ¼” wide and glue to the bottom of the front of the card base
- Glue the branch to the back of the panel and add 3 mint macaron pearls
- Stamp the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz ink onto the Soft Sea Foam banner and attach to patterned section with Dimensionals
- Prop the card front up against the banner for an easel card
- Thick Whisper White Card base: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Use the tree top stamp to create a background at the top and bottom of the card front with Melon Mambo ink
- Stamp the sentiment on the large tag with Pear Pizzazz ink, stamp butterflies in Melon Mambo ink and ink the edge of the tag with Melon Mambo ink, add 1 Mint Macaron pearl to the “O” in YOU
- Cut the Shaded Spruce patterned section off of the card base and cut in half, glue to the sides of the card front
- Cut the flowered section to measure 3” x 4 ¼” and stamp the butterflies with Melon Mambo ink, add 2 Crushed Curry pearls and add a butterfly, glue to the card front
- Add the tag to the front with Dimensionals
- Gorgeous Grape Card base: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Whisper White Panel: 5 ¼” x 4”
- Stamp the tree top twice with the flat sides together in Gorgeous Grape ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS and fussy cut
- Stamp the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink on Whisper White panel
- Glue the branch to the front of the card and use Dimensionals to attach the hydrangea
- Tie the Gorgeous Grape Mini Striped Ribbon into a bow and attach to the branch with a glue dot
Belly Band for Baker’s Box
- Take the Z-Fold card and cut off the Mint Macaron patterned section
- Take the leftover piece & cut it in half lengthwise – 2 1/8” wide
- Score at ½”, 2 ¾”, 7 1/8”, 9 ¼”
- Wrap around the box and attach the Mint Macaron patterned section to the two ends of the belly band
- Glue the branch to the center
- Stamp “to my wonderful” onto the Crushed Curry banner with Memento ink, stamp family member onto the Mint Macaron banner, trim to size, glue to Crushed Curry banner
- Attach the banner diagonally with Dimensionals
- Add a butterfly with a pearl and a bird with a Dimensional
- Wrap the Melon Mambo ribbon around the box and tie a bow
Family Tree Framed Art
- Layers: Petal Pink: 8” x 8”, Early Espresso: 7 ½” x7 ½”, DSP: 7 ¼” x 7 ¼”, Mossy Meadow: 5 ¾” x 5 ¾”, So Saffron: 5 ¼” x 5 ¼”, Whisper White: 5” x 5”, glue the layers together except for the Whisper White panel
- Stamp the tree top twice, using the technique, onto the Whisper White panel with Mossy Meadow ink by stamping the flat sides together
Technique: After you have inked the stamp take a sponge and tap on the stamp around the curved edges to remove some of the ink, use a sponge to ink the edge of the Whisper White panel with Mossy Meadow ink
- Use Dimensionals to attach the tree trunk, add 6 Crushed Curry pearls and 2 birds with Dimensionals
- Banners: Mossy Meadow: 6 ¾” x ½”, Early Espresso: 4 ¾” x ¾”, So Saffron: 3 ¼” x 1”, use the Triple Banner Punch to flag each banner to the listed lengths, stamp the sentiment onto the So Saffron banner with Mossy Meadow ink, tape the banners together and attach with Dimensionals, add a butterfly
- Name Tags: So Saffron: ½”, Mossy Meadow: ¾”, write the names of your family members onto the tags and trim to size, mat onto Mossy Meadow CS, attach with Dimensionals
Visit my Pinterest board April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects for more ideas!
April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Stamp Case Insert Download
The Video for April 2020 Paper Pumpkin
Check it out!
- Annual Catalog & Retiring List
- 2020 Mini Catalog & Retiring List
- Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
- Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign-up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile). You will receive 4 exclusive project tutorials each month.
My project supply list for April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products from my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
When placing an order in April use host code and receive a gift from me.
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ Up! products.
We will have so much fun!