Great Joy Christmas Place Cards
Great Joy Stamp Set
Hello Paper Crafters!! One of my favorite things to make for my holiday table is place cards. I think they dress up the table and add a finishing touch. Using the Great Joy stamp set and Stampin’ Blends I created these simple place cards. It only took me an evening while watching a couple Hallmark Christmas movies. Love to watch Hallmark movies they really put me in the holiday spirit. I fussy cut the stockings and popped them up with dimensionals because I really like to have a little dimension on my projects. I used a retired alphabet set but any one will do that fits in the space.
Have you heard of Stampin’ Blends? This is Stampin’ Up!s newest coloring method. These are alcohol based-markers. What does that mean? It means they are really great for coloring and blending. When you use a regular water-based marker, they don’t work for coloring large areas or for blending. These markers will leave streaks of light and dark color and will make holes in your paper if you color over one area too much. The best part is that they coordinate with Stampin’ Up products. Each color comes in a light and a dark version, so that takes the guess work out of whether or not they will blend together. Stampin’ Up!s first release was 12 color combos (light & dark of each) plus bronze, ivory and a color lifter and the second release was 11 more color combos. They are in the annual catalog on page 205.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Whisper White card stock
Images: Great Joy stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Real Red & Call Me Clover Stampin’ Pads, Stampin’ Blends: Call Me Clover (L & D), Daffodil Delight (L), Night of Navy (L), Real Red (D), Shaded Spruce (L & D), Smoky Slate (L)
Embellishments: Red Rhinestones
Extras: Dimensionals, Retired alphabet stamp set (All Around Alphabet)
Cut your pieces.
- Whisper White card stock: Cut a piece 5 ½” x 4 ¼”. Score in half along the 5 ½” side at 2 3/4”. You can make 4 place cards from one sheet of card stock.
- You will need scraps of Whisper White card stock to stamp the stocking.
Stamp your images.
- Sentiment: Stamp on place card on the left side towards the bottom at an angle in Call Me Clover.
- Name: Stamp the name with Real Red ink on the top left of the card. As an alternative you could use a printer to add the names.
- Stocking: Stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on scraps of Whisper White CS.
- Using the Stampin’ Blends color the stocking. Then fussy cut the stocking.
- Tip: When fussy cutting I didn’t want to leave a white border around the image so I cut very close to the black line. Then I took a Sharpie marker and colored around the edge to hide any white that remained.
- Coloring Order (top to bottom): Night of Navy (L), Call Me Clover (D), Call Me Clover (L), Daffodil Delight (L), Call Me Clover (D), Smoky Slate (L), Shaded Spruce (L & D) – Holly Leaves, Real Red (D), Call Me Clover (L)
Putting it all together.
- Layer the stocking with dimensionals on the right side of the card.
- Place a red rhinestone in the “O” of Love and Joy.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. The Great Joy stamp set is found on page 22 in the Holiday Catalog.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in January use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
My mission is to teach you how to find your inner artist so you can create beautiful works of art to give to family and friends. I have a simple “recipe” that will make creating cards Easy As PIE.
This is all you need to do: