Country Lane Suite
Hello Paper Crafters! I am super excited to share with you the Country Lane Suite in the Stampin’ Up! 2018 Holiday Catalog. This suite really caught my eye because of the beautiful color palette, the stamp set Country Home, with its mix of images and sentiments and the unique extras. My favorite has to be the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Say that 3 time fast!) and the Galvanized Metallic Paper. Keep reading to see my Country Lane Banners Fun Fold Card.
Do you know what a tin ceiling is?
A tin ceiling is an architectural element, consisting of a ceiling finished with plates of tin with designs pressed into them that was very popular in Victorian buildings in North America in the late 19th and early 20th century (Wikipedia). Here’s a blog post by The Spruce with some great pictures of Tin Tile. Watch this video. It has some great tips for using the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
Country Lane Banners Fun Fold Card
I designed this project for my upline’s team meeting. Approximately once a month my team leader has a meeting for her downline. What do stampers need to do when they get together? You guessed it. Stamp. She asks 3 members to each design a project for the meeting. I couldn’t wait to share the Country Lane Suite. Everyone really loved my card design and many were thinking how they could incorporate this card for their use. One demonstrator thought the card layout would be great for a Valentine’s Day card. I hope you enjoy putting together my Country Lane Banners Fun Fold Card. Leave me a comment below telling what you like best about this card.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Whisper White & Mint Macaron card stock, Country Lane DSP, Galvanized Metallic Paper
Images: Country Home, Jar of Love & Tabs for Everything stamp sets & Tuxedo Black Memento & Versamark Ink Pads & Stampin’ Blends: Dark Cajun Craze & Blackberry Bliss, Light Smoky Slate & Old Olive & Color Lifter
Embellishments: Braided Linen trim
Extras: Paper Snips, Tin Tile DTIEF, Tailored Tag punch & Stitched Shapes Framelits, Stampin’ Trimmer, Big Shot, Dimensionals Mini Glue Dots and SNAIL
The Project: Country Lane Banners Fun Fold Card
Cut your pieces.
- Mint Macaron card stock: Cut 11” x 4 ¼” card base. Along the 11” side score at 3”, 4 ½” and 8 ½”. Fold on creases, with the ‘mountain fold’ at the 4 ½” crease. Cut a strip 2” x 4 ¼” and flag end with Tailored Tag punch.
- Crushed Curry DSP: Cut 1 ½” x 2 ¼” strip and flag end with Tailored Tag punch.
- Blackberry Bliss DSP: Cut 2” x 5” strip and flag end with Tailored Tag punch.
- Galvanized Metallic Paper: Cut into 6” x 6” pieces. Use the Tin Tile DTIEF to emboss. Cut a strip 1 ¾” x 3” from embossed Galvanized Metallic Paper and flag end with Tailored Tag punch.
- Whisper White card stock: Cut a strip 1 ¾” x 2 ¼” and another ¾” x 3 ¼” and flag end with Tailored Tag punch. Stitched Shape Framelits: Cut one with largest circle.
Stamp your images.
- Use Memento ink to stamp flowers and pitcher from “Country Home” stamp set onto the die cut Stitched Shapes Framelits circle.
- Take the stem image from “Jar of Love” set and Versamark ink and stamp both sides of the 2” x 4 ¼” Mint Macaron strip in a random pattern.
- Stamp 1 ½” x 2 ¼” Crushed Curry DSP strip with “For You” stamp from “Tabs for Everything” stamp set; use Black Memento ink.
- Stamp the ¾” x 3 ¼” Whisper White strip with “Harvest Blessings” sentiment from “Country Home” stamp set; use Black Memento ink.
- Stamp the 1 ¾” x 2 ¼” Whisper White strip with “So grateful for someone like you in my life” sentiment from “Country Home” stamp set; use Black Memento ink.
- Color the flowers and pitcher with Stampin’ Blends.
- I used the Color Lifter to blend the Smoky Slate on the cotton for shadowing effect.
Putting it all together.
- Blackberry Bliss DSP: Tape to middle flap, near top (about ¼” from top). Tip: Place this piece first and it will make assembly a snap.
- Mint Macaron strip: Tape to front flap, near bottom (about ¼” from bottom).
- Whisper White strip (¾” x 3 ¼”): Tape below Blackberry Bliss banner.
- Whisper White strip (1 ¾” x 2 ¼”): Tape above the Galvanized Metallic banner (Make sure it will be hidden behind the 2” x 5” Blackberry Bliss DSP strip).
- Crushed Curry DSP strip: Tape just a tad above middle on front flap, overlapping the Mint Macaron banner.
- Die cut circle with image: Tape ¼” from the top of card base and near the “For You” on the Crushed Curry banner with part of the circle extending over the left edge of the card base. Trim a sliver from the left side of the circle that is extended beyond the card base.
- Add a Braided Linen bow to the pitcher handle, securing in place with a mini glue dot. Fray the ends of the ribbon with Paper Snips.
- TIP: Make sure you pay attention to how the pieces overlap before you glue them in place. I feel this is what makes this card so successful.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list. Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in October use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
My mission is to teach you how to find your inner artist so you can create beautiful works of art to give to family and friends. I have a simple “recipe” that will make creating cards Easy As PIE.
This is all you need to do: