Daisy Lane Pop-up Box
Daisy Lane Pop-up Box Introduction
Hello Paper Crafters!! I have a really fun project for you today. Have you heard of a pop-up box? It’s a box filled with flowers or cakes & balloons or sweet baby items or whatever your heart desires and it folds flat so you can mail it in an envelope. (It will fit in a 6″ x 9″ envelope just make sure that the flowers do not extend more than 2″ above the top edge of the box.) Genius! Really, I think this is an amazing project that is very simple to construct, especially when you use the Mini Shipping Box. I’ve broken down the steps, to make the Daisy Lane Pop-up Box, so it is very easy.
Here’s a cute pop-up box I made for my niece’s baby shower.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Garden Green & Granny Apple Green Card Stock (CS)
Images: Daisy Lane, Floral Essence, Dandelion Wishes & Rooted in Nature Stamp Sets (SS), Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Pads
Embellishments: Perennial Essence Floral Centers, Clear Faceted Gems
Extras: Nature’s Roots Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Perennial Flower Punch, Medium Daisy Punch, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Tear & Tape, Mini Shipping Box, Basket Weave 3D Embossing Folder, Paper Trimmer, Big Shot
The Project: Daisy Lane Pop-up Box
Stamp your images.
- Daisy Lane SS: Stamp 6 medium daisies with Crushed Curry ink on Whisper White CS and 7 ferns with Garden Green ink on Garden Green CS.
- Floral Essence SS: Stamp 8 three petal flowers with Pumpkin Pie ink on Whisper White CS.
- Rooted in Nature SS: Stamp 5 three leaf branches & 5 multi-leaf branches with Granny Apple Green ink on Granny Apple CS.
- Dandelion Wishes SS: Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White CS with Garden Green ink.
Cut your pieces.
- Use the appropriate punches to cut out the flower petals. Then use the dies to cut out the leaves. The ferns need to be fussy cut (Cut out by hand with the paper snips).
- Crumb Cake CS: 11 ½” x 2” & 2” x 6” and emboss with basket weave 3D folder, cut 3 pieces 5” x ¾”, score ½” from each end, cut multiple strips ¼” x 8 ½”. Tip: When embossing place each piece of CS place it along the same line so that they line up. To emboss the longer piece, place the CS in as far as it will go. Turn the CS and line up the embossing so that they match.
- Cut multiple slivers (to simulate grass) of Garden Green CS & Granny Apple Green CS then use your paper snips to curl the ends.
- Sentiment: Use 1 7/8” circle to cut out sentiment. Cut 2 ¼” scallop circle in Crushed Curry CS.
- Assemble flowers with glue dots.
- Attach a leaf/fern to the back of each flower with a glue dot.
- Place a faceted gem in the center of each daisy and a floral center in each of the 6 petal flowers.
- Use glue dots to attach the Crumb Cake strips to the flowers.
- Use Tear & Tape to attach the Crumb Cake strips (5” x ¾”) to the inside of the box, evenly spaced and about ¾” from the top of the box.
- Glue the sentiment to the scallop circle.
Putting it all together.
- Attach 2 different leaves and a fern to the front edge of the box.
- Attach the flowers to the inside of the box, trimming the stems to create different heights.
- Fill in around the flowers with the extra leaves/ferns.
- Attach the blades of grass with glue dots. I attached most of them to the sides of the box.
- Wrapped the longer basket weave embossed strip around the front and sides of the box. Trim so that there is approximately a ½” tab folding onto the back side. Use Tear & Tape to glue the 4” strip to the tabs on the back of the box.
- Use Dimensionals to glue the sentment to the front of the box.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project!
Visit my Pinterest board Pop-up Boxes for more ideas!
Check it out!
2020 Mini Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list for Daisy Lane Pop-up Box
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products from my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
When placing an order in January use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!