Have you heard of Stampin’ Up!’s new Distinktive stamps? The stamp lays down the ink at different opacities giving the finished image more depth. Just ink the surface lightly for a perfect photographic finish. The process for creating this type of rubber stamp is such a revolutionary process that Stampin’ Up! has a patent pending!!
Do you like fabric patterns? I love them!! Distinktive stamps lend themselves very well to a toile inspired card. I draw inspiration from many places. When I saw the Heartfelt Blooms stamp set it reminded me of toile. “Toile de Jouy, sometimes abbreviated to simply toile, is a type of decorating pattern consisting of a white or off-white background on which a repeated pattern depicting a fairly complex scene, generally of a pastoral theme such as a couple having a picnic by a lake or an arrangement of flowers. The pattern portion consists of a single color, most often black, dark red, or blue. Toile is most associated with fabrics (curtains and upholstery in particular, especially chintz), though toile wallpaper is also popular.” (Wikipedia)
Here is a great article I read on toile that you may enjoy reading.
What was my influence?
I was a tall, skinny child growing up and it was next to impossible for my mom to find pants that fit me. She loved to sew and so she would make pants for me. I always enjoyed going to the fabric store to pick out fabric for them with her. Later, she taught me to sew and then I made my own outfits. When my children when they were young I enjoyed making clothing for them.. I especially enjoyed making Halloween costumes. My exposure to fabric and my experiences led me to pursue a BFA from UNT where I studied Fibers, Ceramics, Jewelry and Metalsmithing. I hope you enjoy making this card with the Distinktive stamps, Heartfelt Blooms.
Did you know you can earn this stamp set for FREE when you place a qualifying order!!
Cut your pieces.
- Thick Very Vanilla card stock: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Night of Navy card stock: 3 7/8” X 5 1/8”
- Very Vanilla card stock: 5” x 3 ¾”, die cut 1 5/8” square
Stamp your images.
- Stamp the flower bouquet in Marina Mist on the 5” x 3 ¾” Very Vanilla piece 4 times.
- Then, stamp “Thinking of You” in Marina Mist on the die cut square piece, turned to make a diamond.
Color the ribbon.
- Cut a piece of organza ribbon 6” long.
- Using the Night of Navy (light) Stampin’ Blends marker color the Whisper White organza ribbon.
Putting it all together.
- Adhere the stamped piece to the Night of Navy card stock.
- Next, adhere the layered Night of Navy piece to the card base.
- Adhere die cut “Thinking of You” piece with dimensionals in the top right corner.
- Tie a bow with the ribbon and use a glue dot to adhere the bow above the stamped sentiment.
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Very Vanilla Thick, Night of Navy and Very Vanilla card stock
Images: Heartfelt Blooms stamp set and Marina Mist ink pad
Embellishments: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Whisper White Organza Ribbon and Night of Navy (light) Stampin’ Blends marker
Extras: Stampin’ Trimmer, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Snail and Glue Dots
My project supply list. Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in March use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!