Two Alternative Paper Pumpkin Projects February 2019
Hello Paper Crafters!! I couldn’t stop making alternative projects with this kit. When I saw the vellum pieces it reminded me of a project I made many, many, many years ago, a DIY vellum votive cover, at a Stampin’ Up! class. I thought this kit would be perfect as a reboot of this project. The kit has all the basics to make this project: vellum, twine & images. The only thing I added was a little Whisper White card stock and the use of a punch. The photographic images on the card stock are so beautiful, clean and simplistic in their design. They give this project a fresh and modern feel. I used the succulents in the teacups to make the “You are beautiful” card.
DIY Vellum Votive Cover & You Are Beautiful Card
*To be used with Flameless LED Votive
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
February 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit
If you would like to become a member of my paper pumpkin club click on the link in the side bar.
Paper: Basic Black card base, Vellum & Teacup card & Succulents card
Images: Grown with Kindness stamp set, Fresh Fig Stampin’ Spot
Embellishments: Silver Metallic Enamel Dots, Black & White Baker’s Twine
Extras: Tear & Tape, Dimensionals & SNAIL
Cut your pieces.
- Votive Cover: Cut 2 – 12” pieces of Basic Black Baker’s Twine. Take the card that is covered in succulents and cut the 3 ¾” side in half at 1 5/8”.
- You are beautiful card: Cut 9” of Whisper White Baker’s Twine
Stamp your images.
- Votive Cover: Stamp “YOU” in Fresh Fig on a scrap of Whisper White card stock and punch out with the Everyday Label Punch, placing the “YOU” in the top half of the label. Use a sponge to ink up the edge of the label with Fresh Fig ink. On the Lemon Lime Twist label stamp “are wonderful” in Fresh Fig. Then stamp along the top edge of the vellum with the small repeating flowers stamp in Fresh Fig.
- You are beautiful card: Stamp “YOU” in Fresh Fig on a scrap of Whisper White card stock and punch out with the Tailored Tag Punch. Use a sponge to ink up the edges of the tag with Fresh Fig ink. Stamp “are beautiful” in Fresh Fig on the label with the Fresh Fig border.
Putting it all together.
- Votive Cover: Mark off ½” increments along both sides of the vellum and use the 1/8” handheld circle punch to punch 7 holes along the edge. Use the Baker’s Twine to stitch the sides together with the overcast stitch. Tie the ends with an overhand loop and use a needle or sharp scissors to pull the strands apart to create a “tassel effect.” Use Tear & Tape to adhere the succulent panels, one on each side, leaving ¼” on the sides and bottom. Glue the “YOU” label with dimensionals, then place the Lemon Lime Twist label on top of the “YOU” label with dimensionals. Place Silver Metallic Enamel Dots onto each side as shown in photographs.
- You are beautiful card: Use SNAIL to glue the teacups card to the vellum. Wrap the Whisper White Baker’s Twine around the front panel twice. Glue in place with SNAIL. Use dimensionals to glue the “YOU” label to the top left side of the card front. Overlap the “beautiful” label and glue with dimensionals. Apply 3 Silver Metallic Enamel Dots to the succulents.
How it Works
- 3-month prepaid subscription: 1 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration item
- 6-month prepaid subscription: 2 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration items or 1 FREE level 2 Sale-a-bration item
- Your save $1.oo per month
- 12-month prepaid subscription: 4 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration items or 2 FREE level 2 Sale-a-bration item + hostess benefits
- Buy 11 months and get one free
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial with the Grown with Kindness Paper Pumpkin Kit. I love hearing from you! Please leave me your questions or comments about the project for today.
Visit my Pinterest board 2019 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects: Grown with Kindness for more ideas!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in February use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!