Fable Friends Easter Cards with Needlepoint Nook DSP
Hello Paper Crafters!! Don’t you think these Fable Friends Easter Cards are adorable? I wanted to give you an option for a girl and a boy card with the Needlepoint Nook DSP. I think some will look at this paper and think it will only work for a feminine card. One of the great things about Stampin’ Up!’s DSP is that one side of each sheet has a pattern that is more generic thereby making the DSP more versatile. One side of this DSP has photorealistic floral embroidery designs and the other is one color with a small stitched design that can work for a variety of projects. The color palette has both softer feminine colors and bolder masculine colors.
Fable Friends Stamp Set
The Fable Friends stamp set reminds me of Peter Rabbit and Mother Goose, but I wasn’t sure what the squirrel represented. Upon a Google search I found that there are a number of fables with a squirrel. These images are perfect for coloring and my new favorite coloring tool is our new Stampin’ Blends. I approached the coloring of the images by first outlining the image in the darker shade and filling in and blending with the lighter shade. This stamp set is one of our new cling stamp sets. Watched my YouTube video: Beginner Stamper Series: Types of Rubber Stamps Episode 1 for more information on this new type of stamp.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Thick Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Petal Pink, Needlepoint Nook DSP
Images: Fable Friends stamp set, Tuxedo Black Memento Stamp Pad, Old Olive Stampin’ Pad
- Pink Card: Smoky Slate (L & D), Flirty Flamingo (L & D), Petal Pink (L)
- Red Card: Crumb Cake (L & D), Pumpkin Pie (L & D), Petal Pink (L)
Embellishments: Pearls Basic Jewels, Old Olive Linen Thread
Extras: Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Stampin’ Trimmer, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Cut your pieces.
- Thick Very Vanilla CS: Cut in half at 5 ½” and score at 4 ¼”.
- Petal Pink/Crushed Curry CS Layer: Use Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies #8 to cut layer.
- Blushing Bride/Poppy Parade DSP Layer: Use Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies #7 to cut layer.
- Old Olive Linen Thread: Cut one piece 27” long and one piece 22” long.
Stamp your images.
- Rabbit Image: Stamp in Memento Ink and cut out with Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies #3. Then stamp the grass in Old Olive ink along bottom multiple times.
- Sentiment: Stamp in Memento Ink. Cut out with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies that measure 1 11/16” x 1 3/16”.
- Body: Outline image in Crumb Cake dark (red card) or Smoky Slate dark (pink card) Stampin’ Blends. Fill in with the light version of Stampin’ Blends.
- Jacket: Outline image in Pumpkin Pie dark (red card) or Flirty Flamingo dark (pink card) Stampin’ Blends. Fill in with the light version of Stampin’ Blends.
- Ears & Nose: Color with Petal Pink Light Stampin’ Blends.
Putting it all together.
- Use SNAIL to glue the DSP layer to the colored CS layer.
- Wrap the Linen Thread around the layers. For the pink card tie in a bow and for the red card tie in 2 square knots.
- Rabbit Jacket: Add 2 pearls to the front of the jacket.
- Use Dimensionals to glue the rabbit layer and the sentiment layer to the front of the card.
- With SNAIL glue the layers to the card base.
Visit my Pinterest board Fable Friends for more ideas!
I think the Needlepoint Nook DSP is so lovely and can easily be used for feminine as well as masculine cards. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial with the Fable Friends stamp set and the Needlepoint Nook DSP.
Please leave me a comment and let me know which one is your favorite!
Occasions Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
Want a bonus? FREE products during Sale-a-Bration!
Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products in my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
When placing an order in March use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!