Graceful Glass Birthday Card
The Graceful Glass Suite
Hello Paper Crafters!! I have a simply gorgeous card for you today. Keep reading to find out how you can create this Graceful Glass Birthday Card. I have always loved stained glass. The mosaic of colored glass that’s used to create pictures has always appealed to me. The colors are vibrant, the images beautiful and so impressive when they are part of a cathedral or church. I have used the Stampin’ Blends to color on the back side of the vellum. The Graceful Glass 6 x 6 Designer Vellum has a black embossed pattern on the front side. When the Blends are used on vellum they give that variation of color like you see in a stained glass piece. The suite contains a red rubber stamp set and framelits bundle, designer vellum, buttons, cord and Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Blends. Everything you need to make stunning projects.
I have really enjoyed coloring the Graceful Glass Vellum. Coloring, as you probably know, is a very relaxing activity. I have colored several pieces and will show them to you as I create more projects. When I start a new project I look to Pinterest for inspiration. I take what I see and adapt it to my style. This particular image, which I used for this project, reminded me of the sun. So I started in the center with yellow and proceeded outward with orange, red, deep red, purple and finally lavender. I have all my Stampin’ Blends stored in a removable drawer where I have arranged the Blends by color families with the dark and light version of each color together. This makes it easy to decide which colors I want to use.
I hope you enjoy coloring the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Whisper White, Thick Whisper White & Cherry Cobbler CS
Images: Painted Glass stamp set & Graceful Glass Designer Vellum & Tuxedo Black Memento stamp pad
Embellishments: Tinted Faceted Buttons, Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine
Dies: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Stitched Rectangle Framelits & Big Shot
Stampin’ Blends: Daffodil Delight (Dk.), Pumpkin Pie (Lt. & Dk.), Real Red (Lt.), Cherry Cobbler (Dk.), Blackberry Bliss (Dk.), Highland Heather (Dk.)
Extras: Block C, Stampin’ Trimmer, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals and SNAIL
Cut your pieces.
- Thick Whisper White card stock: Cut in half horizontally (5 ½” x 8 ½”), then score at 4 ¼”.
- Whisper White card stock: Cut sentiment out (stamp first) using 2 3/8” Stitched Rectangle making sure it is towards the right of the rectangle (so you have room for the faceted button), then use largest Stitched Circle (2 7/8”) to cut a window in the 5 ¼” x 4” Whisper White panel. Tip: Position so that the die is ½” from top and sides.
- Cherry Cobbler card stock: Cut with 2 ¾” Stitched Rectangle.
- Graceful Glass Designer Vellum: Cut out one panel from the one with the four circular window panes.
- Solid Basic Black Baker’s Twine: Cut a piece 14” long.
Stamp your images.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap of white CS with Memento stamp pad
- Using the Stampin’ Blends color on the back of the vellum.
- Coloring order starting in center: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie (alternate with light and dark), Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Blackberry Bliss, Highland Heather
Putting it all together.
- Stained glass panel: Place a glue dot in each corner and adhere approx. 5/8” from the top and sides of the card base.
- Whisper White window panel: Adhere to card base and on top of stained glass panel with double stacked dimensionals.
- Place the button in the top left corner of the Whisper White rectangle and use a pencil to mark where the holes are. Use a needle (that fits through the holes of the button) to sew the button to the white rectangle with the basic black twine. Wrap the twine around the Cherry Cobbler rectangle (making sure the ends are even on the left side) and tie in a double knot and then make a bow.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial for the Graceful Glass Birthday Card.
Visit my Pinterest board Graceful Glass for more ideas!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
Sale-a-bration 2nd Release
Don’t miss out on all the FREE stuff. Contact me if you have any questions.
If you would like to host a workshop please contact me.
Come and join my team and find out how rewarding it is to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!
My project supply list
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in February use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!