Healing Hugs: A DISTINKTIVE Stamp
Hello Paper Crafters! Today I have a beautiful card made using Healing Hugs, one of Stampin’ Up!’s (patent pending) DISTINKTIVE stamps. The rubber stamps are created using a new process and the resulting image is very realistic. The rose image is so pretty and the Polka Dot Tulle ribbon makes this card something special. I made this card at my monthly stamp club with my Stampin’ Up! mum, Jackie Ross. She designed this card and it doesn’t disappoint. The Healing Hugs Get Well card has a beautiful color combination, the perfect embellishment and lots of texture. To see the first ever DISTINKTIVE stamp created for the 2018 Sale-A-Bration catalog click here.
Read all the way to the end to find a surprise project for you!!
5/8” Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
This ribbon is just the best ever. It’s polka dots on tulle. The tulle adds a nice shimmer to the project (I tried to capture it in the photo but it just doesn’t show. Believe me it’s gorgeous.) and the polka dots are velvety soft. The best part, as if the previous features weren’t enough, is it ties beautifully. On this project I tied the tulle in a knot. You know how some ribbons will work their way loose. Not this ribbon. It will stay put whether it is a knot or a bow. It is the perfect finishing touch for the Healing Hugs Get Well Card. This ribbon makes the cutest fork bows. What is a fork bow? Click here to see a video tutorial by Patsy Waggoner on how to make a fork bow. You get a perfect bow every time.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz & Sahara Sand card stock
Images: Healing Hugs & Varied Vases (calendar) stamp sets, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand & Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pads
Embellishments: 5/8” Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon in Whisper White
Extras: Softly Falling TIEF, Stampin’ Trimmer, Dimensionals & SNAIL
The Project: Healing Hugs Get Well Card
Cut your pieces.
- Sahara Sand card stock cut to 4 ¼” x 11” and score at 5 ½”. Then, using the Softly Falling TIEF to emboss the front of the card. Tip: With the Crumb Cake card base open, insert one end into embossing folder (Sizzix side up) and run through Big Shot.
- Cherry Cobbler card stock cut to 4 ¾” x 3 ½”.
- Pear Pizzazz card stock cut to 4 5/8” x 3 3/8”.
- Whisper White card stock cut to 4 ½” x3 ¼” (card front) and 5 ¼” x 4” (insert).
- Cut a 10” piece of the Polka Dot Tulle ribbon.
Stamp your images.
- Use Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp the rose on a scrap of Whisper White card stock.
- Stamp the leaves in Pear Pizzazz on the right center on the 4 ½” x3 ¼” Whisper White card front. Using the textured image, stamp 3-4 times with Sahara Sand ink on the left side of the card stock. Then stamp the sentiment in Memento ink on the bottom right.
- Stamp the branches in Sahara Sand ink and the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink in the center of the Whisper White card stock insert.
Putting it all together.
- Whisper White card front (4 ½” x3 ¼”): Adhere to the Pear Pizzazz card stock.
- Pear Pizzazz card stock: Adhere to Cherry Cobbler card stock.
- Tie the Polka Dot Tulle ribbon around the card front pieces.
- Cherry Cobbler card stock: Adhere to Sahara Sand card base.
- Use Dimensionals to adhere the rose to the center of the Whisper White card front.
- Whisper White card stock (5 ¼” x 4”): Adhere to the inside of the card.
Surprise Project: Desktop Calendar
Using the same layout as the Healing Hugs Get Well Card and a different sentiment (from Varied Vases) you can create this cute desk calendar. It fits inside a 4” x 6” magnetic photo sleeve or an acrylic standing photo frame. You could also use it to make a personalized birthday card for someone who has a birthday in August by circling their birthday on the calendar.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list. Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in July use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
My mission is to teach you how to find your inner artist so you can create beautiful works of art to give to family and friends. I have a simple “recipe” that will make creating cards Easy As PIE.
This is all you need to do: