January 2019 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects: Part 1
How to Make 48 Valentine’s Day Cards from the Kit
Hello Paper Crafters!! Did you know that you can make 48 Valentine’s Day cards from the 2019 January Paper Pumpkin Kit? The pillow boxes are cute but what if you need enough Valentine’s Day cards for two children? I have designed four January 2019 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects from the kit. All you need to is some Whisper White card stock and 2 packages of 3” x 3” Whisper White envelopes.
Animal Expedition Suite
Did you know that this Paper Pumpkin Kit coordinates with the Animal Expedition Suite? I just love this suite. The color palette is beautiful and there are so many great coordinating products!! There is a stamp set and thinlits bundle (Animal Outing Bundle) with really cute images of kangaroos, rhinos and giraffes. The Animal Expedition DSP is so fun!! There are hippos, alligators, sloths, frogs, birds, rhinos, kangaroos and giraffes.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
January 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit
Paper: Whisper White CS & pillow boxes
Images: Be Mine Valentine stamp set & Melon Mambo Stampin’ Spot
Embellishments: Epoxy Hearts
Extras: Stampin’ Trimmer & 3″ x 3″ envelopes
If you would like to become a member of my paper pumpkin club click on the link in the side bar.
Cut your pieces.
- Whisper White card stock: Cut 3” x 6” and score at 3”.
- Pillow Box: Cut according to diagram: The large square pieces are 2 3/8” x 2 3/8”. The strip on the left is ¼” wide and so are the 2 small rectangles cut from the bottom. Tip: Make sure you orient the pillow box in the same direction as the diagram so that your hearts are not upside down.
- Cut the ¼” strip from the left side to 3” in length.
- The pieces below the 2 3/8” x 2 3/8” squares are 1” x 1 3/16”.
Stamp your images.
- Circle (scalloped): Stamp the 2 birds on the circle in Melon Mambo ink.
- Heart (scalloped): Stamp the chameleon on the heart in Melon Mambo ink.
- Long strips: Stamp “Be My Valentine” and “Happy Valentine’s Day” in Melon Mambo ink.
- Short strips: Stamp “For You, My Friend” and “You’re One-In-A Chameleon” in Melon Mambo ink.
Putting it all together.
- Adhere the 2 3/8” Melon Mambo square with glue dots. Use dimensionals to adhere the kangaroo. The “Happy Valentine’s Day” banner is placed just under the paws with glue dots. Then glue the heart to the kangaroo and place a large Petal Pink epoxy heart on top of the red heart.
- Adhere the Pool Party ¼” strips 3/16” from top of card (trim to fit) then glue sentiment to the center of the strips. Take the 2 – 1” X 1 3/16” Melon Mambo pieces and glue 7/16” from bottom of card. Place the heart over the Melon Mambo pieces with dimensionals. With a dimensional, adhere the red heart above the chameleon’s head. Place a small Petal Pink epoxy heart above the mosquito.
2 Love Birds card:
- With glue dots adhere the 2 Melon Mambo pieces 5/8” from the top. Place the scallop circle on top of the Melon Mambo pieces, very close to the top of the card. Glue the sentiment to the oval Melon Mambo piece and cut the ends off. Use a dimensional to glue the sentiment piece below the bird’s feet. Place a large and a small Melon Mambo epoxy heart above the bird’s heads.
2 Chameleons card:
- Adhere the 2 3/8” Pool Party square with glue dots. Glue the sentiment to the ¼” Melon Mambo strip then adhere to card with dimemsionals 5/8” from bottom. With dimensionals, adhere the chameleons to the card. Place a large and a small Melon Mambo epoxy heart above the chameleon’s heads.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial with the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
Visit my Pinterest board 2019 January Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects for more ideas!
Sneak Peek for February Paper Pumpkin. Order by February 10 to receive your fun mail.
My project supply list.
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in January use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!