Mother’s Day Bendi Card with Tea Together & Forever Blossoms
Hello Paper Crafters!! I have a fun 3D card for you today. This technique is called a Bendi Card. Super easy to make. We will make a Mother’s Day card using this technique. Tea Together is just such a perfect stamp set for Mother’s Day. I have paired it with the Parisian Blossoms DSP and Forever Blossoms stamp set to create this beautiful card.
Stampin’ Up! is all about coordination. As I was looking at all the lovely designs in the Parisian Blossoms DSP I noticed that one of the patterns was the same as the Stylish Scroll embossing folder. It’s the one with the Petal Pink & Whisper White pattern. The Stylish Scroll, Parisian Blossoms DSP and the color palette make this such a feminine card. It is just so pretty!! I’m so happy to share it with you today!!
The Color Palette
for Mother’s Day Bendi Card
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Petal Pink, Pool Party & Whisper White card stock, Parisian Blossoms DSP
Images: Tea Together & Forever Blossoms stamp sets, Memento stamp pad, Petal Pink & Pool Party Combos Blends
Embellishments: Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins
Extras: Tea Time, In the Woods & Layering Circles Dies, Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, SNAIL, Tear & Tape
The Project: Mother’s Day Bendi Card with Tea Together & Forever Blossoms
Step 1: Mother’s Day Bendi Card
Cut your pieces.
- Pool Party CS: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”
- Petal Pink CS: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”, landscape – scored at ½” from left side, portrait – cut at 2 ½” (one piece 2 ½” and one piece 1 ¾”), score the other end at ¼”, then make tabs (see pictures in Step 4), use the curved edge die (In the Woods dies) to cut the tops of the CS & DSP (Tip: Cut the DSP with the CS for perfect alignment), trim the DSP so that there is 1/8” border along the top and that the bottom, right and left edges are flush to front of card, use SNAIL to attach the DSP to the CS.
- DSP: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”, portrait – cut at 2 ½”, line up with Petal Pink CS and die cut with curved edge die.
- Whisper White CS: 5 ½” x 4 ¼”, scraps
Step 2: Mother’s Day Bendi Card
Stamp your images.
- Tea Pot & Tea Cup: Stamp the images with Memento ink onto Whisper White CS. Stamp the cherry blossoms onto the tea pot & tea cup, then die cut.
- Whisper White CS backing: Stamp with large cherry blossoms in Petal Pink ink.
- Sentiment: Stamp on Whisper White CS with Memento ink. Die cut with 2nd smallest scalloped circle, place a round sequin above “Happy” and below “Day”.
Step 3: Mother’s Day Bendi Card
- Tea Pot & Tea Cup: Color the images with Petal Pink and Pool Party Blends.
- Place a flower sequins in the center of each flower. I think the Grapefruit Grove sequins coordinate nicely with Petal Pink because of the opalescence nature of the sequins you can see many shades of pink.
Step 4: Mother’s Day Bendi Card
Tabs & Slits.
- To demonstrate how to mark for the slits I am using Whisper White CS. It is very important to orient your pieces in the right directions.
- Cut slits for tabs: Pool Party CS base – lightly draw a pencil line at 4”. Line up larger Petal Pink flap with bottom of card base with the tab on the 4” line, then mark where the tab will insert, then extend with a pencil line & cut a slit with your paper trimmer. Erase pencil marks.
- Petal Pink CS flap – lightly draw a pencil line at 2”. Line up the smaller flap with bottom of the larger flap and with the tab on the 2” line, then mark where the tab will insert, then extend with a pencil line & cut a slit with your paper trimmer. Erase pencil marks.
Step 5: Mother’s Day Bendi Card
Putting it all together.
- Pool Party card base: Emboss using Stylish Scroll embossing folder.
- Attach Petal Pink pieces: Use Tear & Tape to attach the ½” tab to the back of the Pool Party base with the larger flap on the right and the smaller flap on the left when viewed from the front. (View is from back of Pool Party CS)
- Insert tabs. Tip: I plan to hand deliver the card so I used tape to secure the tabs. If you need to mail it just send with instructions on how to insert tabs.
- Tea cup and tea pot: Use Dimensionals to attach to the pieces.
- Sentiment: Attach the white circle to the pink circle with Dimensionals and then attach to the Pool Party base with Dimensionals.
- Backing: Attach with SNAIL. Tip: Make sure to write your message before attaching to the back of the card.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project!
Visit my Pinterest board Fun Folds for more ideas!
Check it out!
- 2020 Mini Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
- Want a bonus? FREE products during 2020 Sale-a-Bration & 2nd Release !
- Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
- Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign-up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile). You will receive 4 exclusive project tutorials each month.
My project supply list for Mother’s Day Bendi Card
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products from my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
When placing an order in March use host code and receive a gift from me.
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ Up! products.
We will have so much fun!