Mother’s Day Framed Art
Hello Paper Crafters!! Today I have an enchanting Mother’s Day framed art piece made from a greeting card which I made with the Tea Together stamp set, Tea Time Framelits and Rectangle Stitched Framelits. This card has lots of layers which create depth and embellishments which add texture. All these elements give your card a lot of richness and this is how a simple greeting card can become a work of art.
To create your piece of art, take a 5” x 7” frame, remove the glass, then mount your card front (cut off the card back) onto a 5” x 7” layer of card stock in Call Me Clover and place in the frame and you have a beautiful piece of art suitable for hanging. On Mother’s Day give this card to your mother and bring along a frame and SNAIL. Once she has read the card, show her the frame and mount it right there and present it to her as a gift. What a lovely surprise for your mother!
Here’s a link to another card I created with this stamp set and framelits.
Tranquil Textures DSP
The Tranquil Textures DSP is an eclectic collection of textural designs for backgrounds and layers. It also coordinates with the Tranquil Textures Suite found on pages 154-155 in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog. The colors for this DSP include Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Fresh Fig, Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Soft Sea Foam, Tranquil Tide and Whisper White. Here is another card I designed using the Soft Sea Foam DSP and Humming Along stamp set. I used the Balmy Blue DSP for my card. The texture reminds me of a textured wall like I see in many homes in the south. This is a very versatile DSP and adds that nice touch of texture to any card.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, Whisper White & Call Me Clover card stock & Tranquil Textures DSP
Images: Tea Together Stamp Set, Tuxedo Black Memento Stamp Pad, Balmy Blue (L& D), Flirty Flamingo (L & D) & Call Me Clover (L & D) Stampin’ Blends
Embellishments: Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Whisper White 5/8” Flax Ribbon & Wink of Stella
Extras: SNAIL, Multipurpose Glue, Foam Adhesive Strips, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Tea Time Framelits, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits & 1 ¼” Circle Punch
Cut your pieces.
- Balmy Blue CS: Cut 8 ½” x 11” sheet of CS in half at 5 ½” and score at 4 ¼”.
- Petal Pink CS: Cut a piece 5 ¼’ X 4”.
- Balmy Blue Tranquil Textures DSP: Cut a piece 5” x 3 ¾”.
- Whisper White CS: Use Rectangles Stitched Framelits #8 & #6 to cut a frame. Cut one circle using Layering Circles Framelits # 3. Punch a circle with the 1 ¼” Circle Punch.
- Flax Ribbon: Cut a piece 2 ½” long.
Stamp your images.
- Tea Cup: Stamp in Memento Ink. Cut out with Framelits.
- Large Flower: Stamp 3 flowers in Memento Ink. Cut out with Framelits.
- Medium Flower: Stamp 3 flowers in Memento Ink. Cut out with Framelits.
- Small Flower: Stamp 3 flowers in Memento Ink. Cut out with Framelits.
- Tea Cup: Color with Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends.
- Flowers: Color with Flirty Flamingo & Call Me Clover Stampin’ Blends.
- Paint flowers with Wink of Stella. I tried to capture the lovely shimmer that the Wink of Stella adds.
Assemble the teacup with flowers.
- Clip one set of leaves off of one of the large flowers. (The ones colored in green.)
- Arrange the 3 large flowers and glue onto the 1 ¼” circle with Multipurpose Glue. Glue the leaves onto the flower on the bottom right.
- Arrange the remaining flowers around the grouping of flowers. Glue this piece onto the large Whisper White circle with Multipurpose Glue. Tip: Make sure you can’t see the circle on the front of your piece. I had to cut a small triangular piece from the circle.
Putting it all together.
- Use SNAIL to glue the Petal Pink CS onto the Balmy Blue card front.
- With SNAIL glue the Tranquil Textures DSP onto the Petal Pink layer.
- Stamp the poem onto the upper left of the DSP layer. Use the frame to make sure your placement is good. Also glue the Flax ribbon onto the lower left corner using the frame for a placement guide.
- Use the Foam Adhesive Strips to glue the frame in place.
- Then glue the teacup into place with Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Apply 3 sets of double stacked Dimensionals onto the DSP to glue the flower piece into place. Use the photo below for guidance.
- Add 3 Adhesive-Backed Sequins in Grapefruit Grove around the sentiment.
Check it out!
Visit my Pinterest board Tea Together for more ideas!
I just love the Tea Together stamp set and Tea Time Framelits. I hope you liked my Mother’s Day Framed Art Project.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project!
Occasions Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
Want a bonus? FREE products during Sale-a-Bration!
Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products in my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
When placing an order in March use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!