No Matter the Weather Alternative Projects for March 2020 Paper Pumpkin
Hello Paper Crafters!! I did it!! I made my first Facebook Live. It was somewhat stressful but it went really well and now I wonder why I put it off. The subject of my Facebook Live was alternative projects for the March Paper Pumpkin kit. This kit was a lot of fun to play with. I love the color palette and the images. Did you know that this kit came with 2 stamp sets? To celebrate Paper Pumpkin being 7 years old this kit came with a free stamp set called Spring Splash.
The Video for No Matter the Weather
Facebook Live: No Matter the Weather
During the Facebook Live I made 3 cards using stamps, ink and paper (#simplestamping) only. Check it out below. The first 7 people to leave a comment on my video will receive one of the cards I made as a gift from me.
This kit screams SPRING! Everything from the images (flowers, raindrops, clouds, bunnies & rainboots), uplifting sentiments and color palette. The projects here use only items in the kit. I feel it’s important to provide alternate projects that don’t require you to have anything extra. I do however have a Bonus Project that uses extra card stock and ink pads.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Using the March 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit
Paper: Card Bases (5” x 7”, scored at 3 ½”), Printed Die Cuts, Printed Envelopes
Images: No Matter the Weather & Spring Splash stamp sets & Basic Gray Stampin’ Spot
Embellishments: Baker’s Twine (Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White), Epoxy Rain & Dew drops
Bonus Project: Whisper White card stock, Mini Dimensionals, Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Grapefruit Grove Stampin’ Pads & Paper Snips
No Matter the Weather Paper Pumpkin
Card 1: I believe in you
- Rain Ripples: Stamp the rain ripples in Basic Gray using the stamping off technique (ink stamp, stamp image, don’t reink stamp, stamp again) which gives you a light and dark gray image.
- Bunny: Stamp in Basic Gray.
- Clouds: Use the smaller cloud with Basic Gray ink. Stamp off each time on scratch paper then stamp on your card for lighter version of clouds than kit sample. I stamped each cloud twice. Add epoxy raindrops.
- Sentiment: Stamp sentiment in Basic Gray onto the Balmy Blue Banner and add a raindrop. Attach with Dimensionals.
Card 2: You are capable of amazing things
- Grass: Use the stamping off technique to stamp the grass in Basic Gray. I did a row of grass along the printed grass, then used the stamping off technique to create a taller row of grass. Use the mud stamp (speckled one) with Basic Gray ink and the stamping off technique to blend the grasses.
- Sentiment: Stamp with Basic Gray ink onto the Petal Pink Banner. Wrap the twine around each end of the banner twice and attach to the back with Glue Dots. Attach the banner with Dimensionals.
- Rainboots: Attach with Dimensionals.
Card 3: Wishing you brighter days ahead
- Stamped images: Stamp the door with Basic Gray ink in the top right corner and the flower pot next to the bottom left corner of the door.
- Sentiment: Stamp in Basic Gray ink onto a Balmy Blue banner. Attach a heart with a Glue Dot and then attach the banner with Dimensionals.
- Die cut images: Attach the bunny under the door with Dimensionals. Attach the flowers with Dimensionals above the flower pot and overlapping the left side of the door. Tip: You are trying to hide the missing parts of the door.
Card 4: Boots & Bunny Bonus Card
- Rain Ripples: Use Basic Gray ink and the stamping off technique.
- Grass: Use Pear Pizzazz ink and the stamping off technique.
- Cloud: Use Balmy Blue ink.
- Sentiment: Use Balmy Blue ink on Whisper White card stock.
- Rainboots: Stamp the outline image with Calypso Coral ink and stamp the flower print in Grapefruit Grove on Whisper White card stock. Cut out image.
- Bunny: Stamp in Basic Gray ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out image.
- Flowers: Stamp a cluster of flowers on Whisper White CS with Calypso Coral and Grapefruit Grove ink. Cut out image.
- Attach the sentiment with Mini Dimensionals. Use Dimensionals to the attach the boots and then place the bunny inside of the boot with a Dimensional. The flowers are attached with Dimensionals on top of the left boot.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project!
Visit my Pinterest board 2020 March Paper Pumpkin for more ideas!
Did you know this about Paper Pumpkin?
- Sale-a-bration is the perfect time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin because you can earn free SAB products.
- Stampin’ Up! promises not to repeat a Stampin’ Spot color in a 12 month period making it easy to build a collection of colorful ink spots.
- The Spots works just as well as our full-size stamp pads and when you purchase the re-inkers they can be used indefinitely.
- You can use the Full Wide Stamp Case to store 15 Stampin’ Spots.
Storage Ideas for Paper Pumpkin Stamp Sets
- You can also build a very nice collection of stamp sets. Depending on how much room you have for storing stamp sets, we have three sizes of stamp cases to choose from. I recommend the Clear Mount stamp case. You can fit a stamp set per case and download the insert (shows the stamp set, name and photo of finished projects) which makes finding the stamp set you need easy. If you are short on space you can fit 8 in a Full Wide case. You can also fit 8 in the Half Wide case, but some of the stamp sets are a little too wide and can only fit in the Full Wide case.
- Here is the March 2020 Stamp Case Insert Download: No Matter the Weather & Spring Splash.
If you would like to become a member of my paper pumpkin club click on the link in the side bar.
How do I sign up for a Paper Pumpkin subscription?
Sale-a-bration is a great time to give Paper Pumpkin a try. The projects are always so cute and when we are short on time Paper Pumpkin is perfect for a quick crafting project. Everything you need to complete the projects is included in the kit. So give it a try for a month or more and see what you think.
Watch this helpful video and see how easy it is to sign up for Paper Pumpkin.
Paper Pumpkin and Sale-a-bration
- New to paper crafting? Paper Pumpkin is a quick and easy way to learn this fun skill. And when you join during Sale-A-Bration, you get a fantastic bonus: FREE Stampin’ Up! product(s)!
- Excited to earn Sale-A-Bration rewards but overwhelmed by all of the choices in the catalog? The easiest way to earn Sale-A-Bration rewards is by purchasing a prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription. Get even more from your Paper Pumpkin subscription. Sale-A-Bration is the only time you can purchase a Paper Pumpkin prepaid subscription and earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products.
- Want to earn more than one Sale-A-Bration item? Sign up for a 6- or 12-month subscription. With a 12-month subscription, you can earn up to four Sale-A-Bration items (plus host benefits)!
- Already subscribed? Buy a prepaid subscription as a gift to earn FREE Sale-A-Bration product(s). Are you a former Paper Pumpkin customer? Now’s the perfect time to sign up again! And you’ll get FREE Sale-A-Bration items when you come back using a prepaid subscription.
- Do you love FREE Stampin’ Up! product(s)? So do we! Perhaps it’s time to give Paper Pumpkin another try. Find out how you can get Sale-A-Bration rewards with 3-, 6-, and 12-month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.
- Get Sale-A-Bration goodies the easy way! Paper Pumpkin is better than ever, and buying a prepaid subscription will help you earn Sale-A-Bration rewards. Ask me for details!
How it Works
- 3-month prepaid subscription: 1 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration item
- 6-month prepaid subscription: 2 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration items or 1 FREE level 2 Sale-a-bration item
- Your save $1.oo per month
- 12-month prepaid subscription: 4 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration items or 2 FREE level 2 Sale-a-bration item + hostess benefits
- Buy 11 months and get one free
Check it out!
- 2020 Mini Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
- Want a bonus? FREE products during 2020 Sale-a-Bration & 2nd Release & 3rd Release!
- Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
- Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign-up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile). You will receive 4 exclusive project tutorials each month.
My project supply list for No Matter the Weather Card
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products from my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
When placing an order in March use host code and receive a gift from me.
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ Up! products.
We will have so much fun!