October 2018 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects
Hello Paper Crafters!! This Paper Pumpkin kit is so cute and the best part is it comes with so many extra pieces. I was able to make two of each of the designs according to the instructions which I gave as a gift to my Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Sandy who live in Florida. I was able to spend a couple of days with them at the end of my trip in November for Stampin’ Up!s 30th anniversary convention. Using only a little bit of extra card stock, copper thread, one embossing folder and white embossing powder I create these 6 alternative projects. I hope you enjoy these October 2018 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects.
Paper Pumpkin: Friends of a Feather
Don’t forget to check below on how you can earn FREE stuff with a Paper Pumpkin subscription.
Technical Difficulties: Check back
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Fresh Fig, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake Sahara Sand card stock
Images: Petal Burst TIEF
Embellishments: Copper Metallic Thread
Extras: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder
If you have any questions on how to assemble these cards please contact me.
Paper Pumpkin and Sale-a-bration
- Now is the best time to try Paper Pumpkin. Sign up, grab FREE Sale-A-Bration items, and get months of papercrafting bliss!
- New to crafting? Paper Pumpkin is a quick and easy way to learn this fun skill. And when you join during Sale-A-Bration, you get a fantastic bonus: FREE Stampin’ Up! product(s)!
- Excited to earn Sale-A-Bration rewards but overwhelmed by all of the choices in the catalog? The easiest way to earn Sale-A-Bration rewards is by purchasing a prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription. Get even more from your Paper Pumpkin subscription. Sale-A-Bration is the only time you can purchase a Paper Pumpkin prepaid subscription and earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products.
- Want to earn more than one Sale-A-Bration item? Sign up for a 6- or 12-month subscription. With a 12-month subscription, you can earn up to four Sale-A-Bration items (plus host benefits)!
- Already subscribed? Buy a prepaid subscription as a gift to earn FREE Sale-A-Bration product(s). Are you a former Paper Pumpkin customer? Now’s the perfect time to sign up again! And you’ll get FREE Sale-A-Bration items when you come back using a prepaid subscription.
- Do you love FREE Stampin’ Up! product(s)? So do we! Perhaps it’s time to give Paper Pumpkin another try. Find out how you can get Sale-A-Bration rewards with 3-, 6-, and 12-month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.
- Get Sale-A-Bration goodies the easy way! Paper Pumpkin is better than ever, and buying a prepaid subscription will help you earn Sale-A-Bration rewards. Ask me for details!
How it Works
- 3-month prepaid subscription: 1 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration item
- 6-month prepaid subscription: 2 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration item or 1 FREE level 2 Sale-a-bration item
- Your save $1.oo per month
- 12-month prepaid subscription: 4 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration item or 2 FREE level 2 Sale-a-bration item + hostess benefits
- Buy 11 months and get one free
Lasting Lily Layered Stamping
For this project I used the Lasting Lily stamp set which you can choose for FREE when you make a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-bration ($100). This is a project that I made at stamp club this month. The stamp set is one of our Distinktive photopolymer stamps.
What I love about this stamp set is it has all three components to make a gorgeous card. First there is the image stamps: the flower, the stem and the leaf. With just 2 ink colors you can make this stunning image. Next there are a variety of sentiments which make this a very versatile stamp set. Finally, there is a texture stamp. This is used to add another dimension to the card and give it that “artsy” feel.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Whisper White, Whisper White thick & Highland Heather card stock
Images: Lasting Lily & Touches of Texture stamp sets, Tuxedo Black Memento stamp pad, Highland Heather, Pear Pizzazz & Sahara Sand Stampin’ Pads
Extras: Stampin’ Trimmer, SNAIL
Cut your pieces.
- Whisper White thick card stock: Cut in half horizontally (5 ½” x 8 ½”), score at 4 ¼”.
- Whisper White card stock: Cut 4 ¼” x 3”.
- Highland Heather card stock: Cut 4 ½” x 3 ¼”.
Stamp your images.
- Lightly attach the smaller Whisper White CS piece to the white card front with a tiny bit of SNAIL.
- Stamp the flower first on the Whisper White CS in Highland Heather and then stamp the stems in Pear Pizzazz on the 4 ¼” x 3”. Tip: Don’t worry if you get an area that isn’t completely filled in with inked image. This is due to the thickness of the card stock layers and will be covered by the Highland Heather layer when you assemble the card.
- Sentiment: Stamp on the lower right side of the smaller Whisper White CS.
- Speckled stamp: Using the texture stamp from “Touches of Texture” stamp with Sahara Sand in the upper right and lower left corners.
Putting it all together.
- Gently remove the smaller piece of white CS and adhere to the Highland Heather CS and then add this to the card front making sure to match the images.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial with the Lasting Lily stamp set.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in January use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!