Paper Pumpkin Pop Up Birthday Cards
Hello Paper Crafters!! In celebration of Paper Pumpkin’s 6th birthday Stampin’ Up! created this fun birthday kit with 8 pop up birthday cards (plus 2 stamp sets). Pop-up cards are fun to make and fun to receive. I have made cards like this in the past and they are always a big hit. These cards go together so easily because the pop-up feature is done for you and now you have a template to make more. The 2 cards below I made according to the instructions. One is for my daughter’s (Nicole) birthday in April. The other one is for my husband’s (Wayne) birthday in July. With Paper Pumpkin, you always have cards ready for all the special days you celebrate throughout the year.
Stamp set #1: Poppin’ Birthday
Stamp set #2: Counting the Years
The Video for Pop Up Birthday Cards
The video tutorial below shows you how to assemble the cards in the March 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit.
Did you know this about Paper Pumpkin?
- Stampin’ Up! promises not to repeat a Stampin’ Spot color in a 12 month period making it easy to build a collection of colorful ink spots.
- The Spots works just as well as our full-size stamp pads and when you purchase the re-inkers they can be used indefinitely.
- You can use the Full Wide Stamp Case to store 15 Stampin’ Spots.
Storage Ideas for Paper Pumpkin Stamp Sets
- You can also build a very nice collection of stamp sets. Depending on how much room you have for storing stamp sets we have three sizes of stamp cases to choose from. I recommend the Clear Mount stamp case. You can fit a stamp set per case and download the insert (shows the stamp set, name and photo of finished projects) which makes finding the stamp set you need easy. If you are short on space you can fit 8 in a Full Wide case. You can also fit 8 in the Half Wide case, but some of the stamp sets are a little too wide and can only fit in the Full Wide case.
- Here is the March 2019 Stamp Case Insert Download.
If you would like to become a member of my paper pumpkin club click on the link in the side bar.
How do I sign up for a Paper Pumpkin subscription?
Sale-a-bration is a great time to give Paper Pumpkin a try. The projects are always so cute and when we are short on time Paper Pumpkin is perfect for a quick crafting project. Everything you need to complete the projects is included in the kit. So give it a try for a month or more and see what you think.
Watch this helpful video and see how easy it is to sign up for Paper Pumpkin.
Paper Pumpkin and Sale-a-bration
- New to paper crafting? Paper Pumpkin is a quick and easy way to learn this fun skill. And when you join during Sale-A-Bration, you get a fantastic bonus: FREE Stampin’ Up! product(s)!
- Excited to earn Sale-A-Bration rewards but overwhelmed by all of the choices in the catalog? The easiest way to earn Sale-A-Bration rewards is by purchasing a prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription. Get even more from your Paper Pumpkin subscription. Sale-A-Bration is the only time you can purchase a Paper Pumpkin prepaid subscription and earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products.
- Want to earn more than one Sale-A-Bration item? Sign up for a 6- or 12-month subscription. With a 12-month subscription, you can earn up to four Sale-A-Bration items (plus host benefits)!
- Already subscribed? Buy a prepaid subscription as a gift to earn FREE Sale-A-Bration product(s). Are you a former Paper Pumpkin customer? Now’s the perfect time to sign up again! And you’ll get FREE Sale-A-Bration items when you come back using a prepaid subscription.
- Do you love FREE Stampin’ Up! product(s)? So do we! Perhaps it’s time to give Paper Pumpkin another try. Find out how you can get Sale-A-Bration rewards with 3-, 6-, and 12-month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.
- Get Sale-A-Bration goodies the easy way! Paper Pumpkin is better than ever, and buying a prepaid subscription will help you earn Sale-A-Bration rewards. Ask me for details!
How it Works
- 3-month prepaid subscription: 1 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration item
- 6-month prepaid subscription: 2 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration items or 1 FREE level 2 Sale-a-bration item
- Your save $1.oo per month
- 12-month prepaid subscription: 4 FREE level 1 Sale-a-bration items or 2 FREE level 2 Sale-a-bration item + hostess benefits
- Buy 11 months and get one free
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
March 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit
Paper: 1 Gray Striped & 1 Confetti Card Base, Daffodil Delight Pennant, Whisper White Scalloped Tag, Light Bermuda Bay Label, 1 Cake & 1 Presents Pop-up Insert, Red Diagonal-Striped Strip
Images: Poppin’ Birthday & Counting the Years stamp sets & Poppy Parade Stampin’ Spot
Embellishments: Die-cut numbers, Candles, Bows & Party Hat
Extras: Dimensionals, Adhesive Dots & Adhesive Roll
The Project: Pop Up Birthday Cards
Stamp your pieces.
- Pop-up Inserts: Use Poppy Parade Stampin’ Spot to stamp “Today we celebrate YOU!”
- Gray Card Front: Use Poppy Parade Stampin’ Spot to stamp confetti in the middle, once on the left side and once on the right side.
- Light Bermuda Bay Label: Stamp “It’s your BIRTHDAY” in Poppy Parade ink.
- Whisper White Tag: Stamp “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” & “th” in Poppy Parade ink.
Adhere Card Front Elements.
- Daffodil Delight Pennant: Use glue dots to glue label with sentiment to lower part of pennant. Use Dimensionals to glue on die-cut numbers & party hat. Then use Dimensionals to glue pennant to card front.
- Whisper White Scalloped Tag: Use Dimensionals to glue die-cut numbers onto tag. Use glue dots to glue red-striped strip to upper third of card front. Then use Dimensionals to glue tag to card front, centered over red-striped strip.
- Pop, bend & fold each tier to create a 3-D effect.
- Candles: Fold in half, remove tape protector and line up candle base with inside, top edge of tiers 1 and 3.
- Bows: Use glue dots to glue bows to presents.
Adhere Pop-up Inserts.
- Apply three 3 ¾” adhesive strips to the back of the pop-up insert. Place one strip on the right and left sides and one on the top left side.
- Remove the right-side tape protector and line up fold with fold of card base and press in place. Then remove the two other tape protectors and fold left side onto the pop-up piece.
Check it out!
Visit my Pinterest board 2019 March Paper Pumpkin Alternative Projects for more ideas!
I just love this Paper Pumpkin Kit. Watch for my Alternative Projects!
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project!
Occasions Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
Want a bonus? Only 5 days left!! FREE products during Sale-a-Bration!
Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products in my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
When placing an order in March use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ Up! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!