Something Old & Something New, Something Retired & Something Sure Do Love You
Rustic Anniversary Card Tutorial
Hello Paper Crafters!! Here is my Rustic Anniversary Card Tutorial. I made this for my brother and sister-in-law’s 24th wedding anniversary. I would say that their tastes lean towards the rustic style. They live in the Texas Hill Country, where this style is very popular. I really wanted this card to represent them. The 2 large hearts represent them and the Stitched Oval with the 3 hearts represents their 3 children. To achieve the rustic style, I mixed Wood Textures DSP, the Birch background stamp, the Frames Elements hearts (embellishments made from wood) and a little bit of Linen Thread.
I really love the Birch background stamp. Here is another card I made with this stamp.
This card uses the Sure Do Love You Bundle (another card) that retired in June 2018. When you develop a passion for rubber stamping you will build a collection of rubber stamps. Don’t forget that you can mix them with your new products. My project for this year is to catalog my collection (200+) so that I can easily see what I have. Sometimes you are looking for a particular sentiment or image and you will spend a lot of time (I know from experience) trying to find that particular stamp.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Sahara Sand & Whisper White card stock & Wood Textures DSP
Images: Sure Do Love You bundle, Birch background stamp, Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, Soft Suede & Early Espresso Stampin’ Pads
Embellishments: Frames Elements & Linen Thread
Extras: Stitched Shapes, Banner Triple Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Glue
The Project: Rustic Anniversary Card Tutorial
Cut your pieces.
- Sahara Sand CS: Cut 8 ½” x 11” in half at 5 ½” and score at 4 ¼”.
- Wood Textures DSP Banner: Use Banner Triple Punch to flag one end of 6” x 2” strip, then trim off 1/8”.
- Whisper White CS: Use Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut 1 large square and one each of the two smallest ovals.
- Hearts: Die cut 2 large hearts and 3 small hearts (one of each shape) in different wood tones.
Stamp your images.
- Card Base: Stamp Birch stamp onto card base front in Soft Suede ink.
- “Always” Heart: Stamp in Early Espresso ink and die cut.
- Sentiment: Stamp “Happy Anniversary” in Early Espresso ink on smallest oval.
Putting it all together.
- Banner: Glue ¼” from right side of card base.
- 3 Small Hearts: Glue hearts overlapping onto larger oval.
- Large Hearts: Glue one to left side of Stitched Square. Overlap the other one with Dimensionals. Use Dimensionals to mount “Always” in the center of the large hearts, then use a Glue Dot to adhere the Linen Thread bow.
- Stitched Square: Mount with Dimensionals 3/8” from top and left edge of card base.
- Stitched Ovals: Mount the larger oval offset from banner and ¼” below square. Use Dimensionals to mount the smaller oval 1/8” from bottom and left edge of card base.
- Wood Hearts: Use Glue Dots to mount two hearts onto the banner.
Visit my Pinterest board Anniversary Cards for more ideas!
Check it out!
Retiring 2018-2019 Annual Catalog.
Occasions Catalog is stupendous! Order by June 3, 2019!
Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list
Click products to shop online!
Retired Products Used
Sneak Peak Product
Birch Background Stamp
Available after June 3, 2019.
149259 $20.00 Wood Block
149256 $16.00 Cling
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products in my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
When placing an order in May use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!