Simple Rubber Stamped Cards
Today I am showcasing the Floral Statements stamp set to show you how to create simple rubber stamped cards. It was one of the first stamp sets in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog that jumped out at me. I just love the large words with the floral images interspersed.. It’s so easy to make really quick and easy cards with this stamp set. You can create a real WOW factor with just one step. Choose a color, stamp and you are done.. By changing the color of each card and varying the layout slightly you can create a variety of looks. It doesn’t have to be a dramatic change to get a different look.
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Whisper White, Powder Pink, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist & Tranquil Tide card stock
Images: Floral Statements stamp set & Better Together stamp set & 2017-19 In Color Classic Ink Pads
Embellishments: 1/8″ Silver ribbon, Berry Burst Metallic Edge 3/8″ ribbon
Extras: Stampin’ Trimmer, Big Shot, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals, Snail and Glue Dots
The Color Palette
Cut your pieces.
- Cut 3 sheets of 8 ½” x 11” card stock in half (Powder Pink, Berry Burst & Fresh Fig), measuring 8 1/2″ x 5 1/5″ and 2 sheets of 8 1/2″ x 11″ card stock in half (Lemon Lime Twist & Tranquil Tide), measuring 11″ x 4 1/4″ to form the base of your card. Then score in the center.
- Cut 5 pieces of Whisper White card stock 4 ½” x 3”.
- Then, cut 3 pieces of white card stock ¾” x 3 ¾” and cut 2 pieces of white card stock ¾ x 3 1/8″.
- Cut 1 piece of card stock 1” x 3 1/2″ in Berry Burst.
Stamp your images.
- Stamp the ‘Hello’ image from Floral Statements onto the 4 ½” x 3” Whisper White card stock using one of each ink color. Tip: It is easier to ink a large stamp by placing it rubber side up and applying the ink by gently tapping over the image with the ink pad.
- Stamp the 3/4″ wide Whisper White strips with ‘let’s talk soon’ from Better Together. (You will only ink the “let’s talk soon” and not the “hello” part of the stamp.)
- Use the Triple Banner punch to create a banner with each strip of Whisper White card stock and the Berry Burst strip.
- For card #1 and #4 and #5 use a sponge dauber to apply ink along the outside edge of the banner pieces.
- Cut ribbon for your cards: 18” for cards #1 & #3, 16” for card #4.
- Cut 10” of ribbon to tie a small fork bow for card #2 & #5. Fork Bow tutorial courtesy of Patsy Waggoner.
Putting it all together.
- Adhere the card stock piece stamped with “Hello” to the card base using dimensionals.
- For cards #1, #3 & #4 tie ribbon around front of card using pictures as reference. Place a glue dot behind the bows to keep in place.
- For cards #2 & #5 adhere bows with a glue dot.
- Adhere the banners to the cards, using the photos below for reference, with dimensionals.
- Tip: Play around with the placement of the main image, the sentiment and the ribbon to create variety and have fun!
A set of these cards with envelopes would make a great gift or to keep on hand for your personal use.
To present as a gift, place the 5 cards with envelopes into an acetate card box. Tie a 26″ piece of Berry Burst metallic edge ribbon around the card box. You have a lovely handmade gift that is sure to impress. To see another project using the acetate card box click here.
My project supply list. Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in March use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
My mission is to teach you how to find your inner artist so you can create beautiful works of art to give to family and friends. I have a simple “recipe” that will make creating cards Easy As PIE.
This is all you need to do: