Spring Easter Basket Tutorial with Daisy Lane & Butterfly Gala
Hello Paper Crafters!! This adorable Spring Easter Basket Tutorial with Daisy Lane & Butterfly Gala is so easy. All you do is make 4 score lines and cuts. I have made this style of basket before because it can be adapted to any size that you need. The use of the 3D Basket Weave embossing folder makes it look more realistic. To decorate my basket I used a variety of punches and dies that I had on hand: Medium Daisy punch, Butterfly Duet punch, swirly image from Parisian dies and the large detailed leaves from Magnolia Memory dies. Add a rhinestone and a faceted gem for some sparkle and you have a fun basket to fill with treats for Spring or Easter celebrations.
If you love this cute little bunny check out my blog post Fable Friends Easter Cards.
The Color Palette
for Spring Easter Basket Tutorial
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Call Me Clover, Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Pumpkin Pie & Whisper White card stock (CS)
Images: Butterfly Gala & Daisy Lane stamp sets (SS), Magnolia Memory & Parisian dies, Medium Daisy & Butterfly Duet punches, Mango Melody Stampin’ Pad, Memento Ink Pad, Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends Combo
Embellishments: Rhinestones, Gold Faceted Gems
Extras: 3D Basket Weave embossing folder, Paper Trimmer, Die-cutting/Embossing Machine, Tear & Tape, Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals & Mini Glue Dots
The Project: Spring Easter Basket Tutorial with Daisy Lane & Butterfly Gala
Step 1: Spring Easter Basket tutorial
Stamp your images.
- Medium Daisy from Daisy Lane SS: Use Mango Melody ink and stamp a daisy on the Pineapple Punch, Mango Melody & Pumpkin Pie CS. Use the Medium Daisy punch to punch out the images.
- Butterfly Gala SS: Use Memento ink to stamp a butterfly on Whisper White CS. Use the Butterfly Duet punch to punch out the butterfly.
Step 2: Spring Easter Basket tutorial
Cut your pieces.
- Crumb Cake CS: Cut a 6” x 6” square, score at 2” on each side, cut on the RED lines as indicated in the diagram.
- Emboss two thirds of the Crumb Cake CS piece by folding one side under the embossing folder.
- Cut a strip of Crumb Cake CS ½” x 7” for the handle.
- Call Me Clover CS: Die cut 2 of the swirls from Parisian dies and two large detailed leaves from Magnolia Memory dies.
Step 3: Spring Easter Basket tutorial
- Use Stampin’ Blends to color the butterfly.
Step 4: Spring Easter Basket tutorial
Putting it all together.
- The basket: Use Tear & Tape to tape the sides (see below for placement of tape)– Attach the left flap to the right flap (lining up the points) and then attach to the middle flap. Attach the handle to the basket.
- Daisy: Stagger the 3 daisies with the Pineapple Punch on top and the Pumpkin Pie on the back and glue together with Mini Glue Dots. Place a Faceted Gem in the center of the flower.
- Butterfly: Attach a rhinestone to the butterfly.
- Position the leaves and swirls where you want them to go and attach with glue dots. Attach the daisy and the butterfly with Dimensionals.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project!
Visit my Pinterest board Paper Baskets for more ideas!
Check it out!
- 2020 Mini Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
- Want a bonus? FREE products during 2020 Sale-a-Bration!
- Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
- Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign-up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list for Spring Easter Basket Tutorial
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products from my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
When placing an order in February use host code and receive a gift from me.
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ Up! products.
We will have so much fun!