Botanical Butterfly DSP Meets Banner Triple Punch
Three Banners One Punch
Hello Paper Crafters!! I have three super easy cards you can put together in 15 minutes. I know we are all super busy and I wanted you to know that all your cards don’t need to be complicated. These cards are simple and make the Designer Series Paper the focus.
Don’t you just love the Botanical Butterfly DSP? I just love it so much!! If you are like me, sometimes (or maybe all the time) I think the paper is too pretty to cut. There’s a hashtag out there, #loveitchopit, with the idea of cutting it into useable pieces so that you use it. Brilliant idea huh? Take one sheet of DSP (so you still have one to look at) and cut it into 3” x 4” pieces. Now you have 12 pieces to use for 12 cards. Did you know that our DSP is two sided? So now you have 6 pieces of each design. Time is running out to get the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper for FREE during Sale-a-Bration! Get it while you can with a $50 purchase (before shipping and tax).
Banner Triple Punch
The Banner Triple Punch is designed to create flagged banners. The punch has three levels for three different widths of paper, 1”, 1 ½” & 2”. In today’s projects all my banners were ¾” wide. If you look closely there are two indents on the punch that are ¾” apart. So all you need to do is hold the paper between these marks and punch.
Do you want to know how I created the banner that comes to a point at each end? All you do is insert your paper from the bottom of the punch. Slide the paper in the slot making sure it is even on both sides and punch. Now you have a punch that creates two different ends. Two punches for the price of one.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Botanical Butterfly DSP, Thick Whisper White & Basic Black Card Stock
Images: Beauty Abounds Stamp Set & Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
Embellishments: Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins
Extras: SNAIL, Dimensionals, Banner Triple Punch & Stampin’ Trimmer
Cut your pieces.
- Thick Whisper White CS: Cut in half at 5 ½” and score at 4 ¼”.
- Basic Black CS: Cut pieces 3 ¼” x 4 ¼” and 1” x 2 ¼”.
- DSP: Cut pieces 3” x 4”.
Stamp your images.
- “Thanks”: Stamp in Memento ink then use Banner Triple Punch to flag the right side.
- “For You”: Stamp in Memento ink then use Banner Triple Punch to flag both ends.
- “Hello”: Stamp in Memento ink then use Banner Triple Punch to flag in the other direction by inserting the paper through the slot on the bottom of the punch.
Putting it all together.
- Basic Black CS: Mount onto card front with SNAIL.
- DSP: Mount onto Basic Black CS with SNAIL.
- Banners: Mount the “For You” onto the small piece of Basic Black CS. Use dimensionals to glue the banners onto the DSP. I played around with the location based on the layout of the butterflies on each piece of DSP.
- Apply a Gingham Gala Sequin to each banner. I used Balmy Blue, Grapefruit Grove and Highland Heather.
Doesn’t the DSP pop on the Whisper White card base with the Basic Black mat. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial with the Banner Triple Punch and Botanical Butterfly DSP.
Please leave me a comment and let me know which one is your favorite!
Occasions Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
Best Deal in the catalog? View it here.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Easy as PIE Stamping
Follow me on Pinterest for tons of inspiration.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
My project supply list
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
I invite you to order your paper crafting products in my online store.
As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business.
When placing an order in March use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!