Global Design Project 134 | Sketch Challenge
Hello Rubber Stampers!! Today I created this True Gentleman Suite card. I am using it to participate in my first ever design challenge with Global Design Project. I thought this would be a good way to stretch my creativity. How does it work? Every week you are given different types of inspiration for the challenge. It could be Color, Theme or Sketch inspiration. This week Global Design Project 134 is a sketch challenge. Each week one winner and 3 (or more) favorite entries will be chosen and the winner gets the opportunity to be a guest designer! Go to the Global Design Project website to see all the designers’ amazing projects using this sketch.
True Gentleman Suite Card
I decided to use products from the True Gentleman Suite and the Wood Textures DSP Stack to create this classy True Gentleman Suite card. I’m so excited to show you my True Gentleman Suite card. The True Gentleman Suite is by far my favorite suite geared toward masculine cards ever!! I have seen a lot of great backgrounds created using the Tailored Tag Punch in this suite and I love using the Wood Textures DSP Stack for masculine cards. I love how using these two products created this faux inlaid wood background. Click here to see another masculine card I created using the Wood Textures DSP Stack.
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Tranquil Tide, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake & Night of Navy card stock & Wood Textures DSP Stack.
Images: Truly Tailored stamp set & Tranquil Tide ink pad & Tailored Tag punch.
Embellishments: Night of Navy 3/8” Corduroy ribbon & Bow Builder punch.
Extras: Stampin’ Trimmer, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Glue Dots & SNAIL
Cut your pieces.
- Tranquil Tide card stock cut to 4 ¼” x 11” and score at 5 ½”.
- Night of Navy card stock cut to 5 3/8” x 4 1/8”.
- Crumb Cake card stock cut to 5 ¼” x 4”.
- Cut a piece of corduroy ribbon to 4 ¼”.
- Punch pieces: 5 light tone, 3 medium tone and 5 dark tone wood grains from the Wood Textures DSP Stack.
- Tailored Tag Punch: 1 punch from Tranquil Tide card stock.
- Bow Builder Punch: 2 punches from your choice of True Gentleman DSP. I chose the Tranquil Tide with Night of Navy lines and Very Vanilla dots.
Stamp your images.
- Stamp the sentiment with Tranquil Tide ink on scrap of Very Vanilla card stock. Punch the image with the Tailored Tag Punch.
- Tip: To get the stamped image piece to be smaller than the Tranquil Tide piece that you will mount it on do this. Use the punch to crop closer to the outline on the top and bottom, and then use scissors to cut the 2 sides.
Create faux inlaid wood background.
- Start with 1 dark piece and 1 light piece and center on the bottom a little more than half way up. Use Multipurpose Glue to adhere pieces to 5 ¼” x 4” Crumb Cake card stock.
- Tip: Lay your pieces out so you get a feel for where the pieces fit so you can make adjustments if needed.
- The 2nd row uses 1 medium piece and ½ light piece and ½ dark piece. Then just butt edges up against each other, building from the bottom up.
- Repeat this pattern until you have covered the entire piece of card stock. Trim the edges.
- Tip: My sample used Whisper White as the base for the faux inlaid wood. If you use Crumb Cake instead when you don’t get it lined up perfectly then you won’t see any white showing through. The Crumb Cake will blend in better.
Let’s put it all together.
- Night of Navy piece: Adhere to the Tranquil Tide card base with SNAIL.
- Inlaid wood piece: Adhere to the Night of Navy card stock with SNAIL.
- Sentiment: Mount to Tranquil Tide punched card stock with SNAIL. Use Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment to the card.
- Ribbon: Use Tear & Tape Adhesive to adhere the ribbon just below the sentiment.
- Bow: Put the bow together using SNAIL. I did not use the tail pieces for my bow. Use a Glue Dot to adhere bow to Corduroy ribbon.
- Tip: To avoid your DSP cracking when you fold ends together, gently wrap it around a highlighter first.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial for my True Gentleman Suite card for Global Design Project 134!!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right!
My project supply list. Click products to shop online.
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in April use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!
My mission is to teach you how to find your inner artist so you can create beautiful works of art to give to family and friends. I have a simple “recipe” that will make creating cards Easy As PIE.
This is all you need to do: