Two Step Stamping with Picture Perfect Birthday
Hello Paper Crafters!! Today I have two fun and super simple cards for you using the Picture Perfect Birthday photopolymer stamp set, one of our Two-Step Stamping sets. This is what I call a Super Perfect Stamp Set. That is because it has focal images, sentiments and background images. In the first card I used the confetti stamps to create a background. In the second card I wanted the party favors to make a bold statement so I used color and pattern to make vibrant images. I drew my color palette from the Glitter Enamel Dots which I used to embellish my cards. (You have to have some bling, right?) The colors are part of the Brights Collection. I think these colors work really well for birthday and other celebratory cards.
Everyone has different color preferences. Maybe you are drawn to the Subtles, Regals or Neutrals. Play around with different color combinations. Use the catalogs for ideas. There are hundreds of samples, designer series paper color combinations and embellishments to give you inspiration.
Do you know what Two-Step stamping? It is the unique idea of taking more than one stamp to create an image that has multiple colors and adds depth. With the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set you can use the stamps to build images (like the party favors) and create images with depth (like the bows).
The Color Palette
Recipe: Paper. Images. Embellishments.
Paper: Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes (pg. 192)
Images: Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set (pg. 76) & Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green & Melon Mambo Stampin’ Pads (184-187)
Embellishments: Glitter Enamel Dots (pg. 197)
Extras: Block D
- Orient the card base horizontally.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment, in Gorgeous Grape ink, in the bottom left corner of the card base.
- Bows: Stamp the more solid bow image in Coastal Cabana ink. Stamp two diagonal rows. Tip: I started with the bow that is almost in the center of the card front and then worked out from there.
- Bows shadow: Use Gorgeous Grape ink to stamp the shadows of the bows. Tip: Practice on a sheet of scrap paper to get the alignment right.
- Triangular confetti: Use Gorgeous Grape ink to stamp confetti around the bows and in the space to the right of the bows.
- Coastal Cabana confetti: Use the confetti stamp that looks like dashes to stamp around the sentiment.
- Enamel Dots: Place a small, medium and extra-large Gorgeous Grape enamel dots around the sentiment.
- Orient the card base vertically.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment, in Granny Apple Green ink, in the left center of the card base.
- Party Favor: Stamp the center one first. Use Melon Mambo to stamp the solid rectangle at an angle, then stamp the fringe in Granny Apple Green and lastly stamp the tongue (the part that rolls in and out as you blow it) in Melon Mambo.
- Remaining Party Favors: Next stamp the party favors on either side of the first one. Ink the rectangle in Granny Apple Green and stamp at an angle, then stamp the stripes or dots in Granny Apple Green on top. Finish each party favor with Melon Mambo fringe and Granny Apple Green tongues. Repeat these steps, except alternate ink colors.
- Enamel Dots: Place three small Melon Mambo enamel dots on top of the sentiment. Then, place one large Melon Mambo enamel dot below the word “you.”
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial with the Picture Perfect photopolymer stamp set.
Visit my Pinterest board Picture Perfect Party for more ideas!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter in the sign up box – top right (or at the bottom on mobile).
2019 Sale-a-bration Catalog
Sale-a-bration happens every January – March and it gives you the best deals of the entire year.
For every $50 you purchase you can pick a FREE level 1 item from the Sale-a-bration Catalog. For every $100 you purchase you can pick a FREE level 2 item or 2 level 1 items for FREE from the Sale-a-bration Catalog. There are no limits to the number of FREE items you can earn.
The supplies to make either project costs $54 or add $15 for the two extra ink pads to make both. Then you can pick one of the FREE items from the Sale-a-bration catalog.
My Project Supply List
Click products to shop online!
Visit My SHOP!!
When placing an order in February use host code:
Please join me every week as I share projects using Stampin’ UP! products.
We will have so much fun!
I would be honored to be your personal Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!